NorQuant Technology is looking for a full time backend developer / quantitative developer with an interest in the investment industry.
All experience levels, from junior to senior, will be considered.
Job: Quantitative developer / Backend developer / Software developer FinTech
Application Deadline: 20 November 2022
In Norquant Technology, we develop tools and technologies that empower modern investors. Our web-based application "PRISMA" provides sophisticated insights to its users, allowing them to take the right decisions. We are also responsible for the technological decision-making framework behind the operation of our own asset management business -Norquant Kapitalforvaltning-, which includes mutual funds following systematic trading strategies. In collaboration with a small team of experienced ‘quants’, the new quantitative developers will contribute to the cloud-based infrastructure of our web-based apps. They will also, as a secondary task, help us to further develop our quantitative pipeline leading to our systematic strategies.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Your main responsibility is to help evolve the backend technology for our PRISMA quantitative analysis tool.
* Development of quantitative analysis functionalities
* Implementing existing mathematical models into code.
* Development of financial data pipelines processing corporate, macroeconomical and financial data.
* Construction of cloud-based micro-services (AWS based)
* Maintenance of relational databases (SQL)
* Quality assurance of the market data used in our quantitative models.
The ideal candidate would have:
* A master's degree in computer science, data science, applied mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering or a degree in finance with a clear quantitative specialization.
* Good capacity to create collaboratively high quality code.
* Solid programming practices.
* A certain fluency in SQL, Python or R.
* Experience with AWS and financial databases, would be a bonus.
* Ability to transfer mathematical formulas into code, would be a bonus.
* An understanding of investment theory and quantitative finance, would be a bonus.
* We build software that manages other people's money. Attention to detail, a sense of a responsibility and a strong moral compass are necessary in our business.
* Good communication skills and a team spirit.
* Problem solving skills and a relatively self-driven attitude while completing their daily tasks.
Evolution and working style:
This position offers a unique opportunity to develop your skills through the entire spectrum of FinTech : from modern backend stacks all the way to sophisticated quantitative models, you will be offered the runway to propel your skillset to new heights. You will also be in good company having the support of experienced quantitative analysts and developers. We offer flexible working hours plus possibility to work remotely part of the time. The compensation will be according to your experience and periodically re-evaluated to reflect any newly acquired skills. Our offices are located in central Oslo.
If you think you are the right candidate, please send a CV and a Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, in Norwegian or English.
* No agencies please